Law Articles New Jersey
The articles appearing below are provided as a courtesy by the New Jersey law firm of Shapiro, Croland, Reiser, Apfelt & Di Iorio, L.L.P., and should not be construed as dispensing legal advice concerning any particular situation.
- Bad Faith Chapter 13 Bankruptcy: Dismissal or Conversion to Chapter 7?
- New Bankruptcy Legislation Passes
- Preferences & Fraudulent Conveyances
- Does An Individual Creditor Have Legal Standing to use the Powers of the Bankruptcy Trustee to sue for fraudulent transfer? (Read our appellate brief filed in the United States District Court, District of New Jersey on behalf of a defendant sued by an individual creditor).
- Res Judicata of Bankruptcy Court Settlements
Debt Collection Articles
- A Creditor’s Ace in the Hole: Appointment of a Corporate Receiver
- Enforcing Out-of-State Judgments in New Jersey
Federal Court Practice
- Motion to Dismiss Complaint Failure to State a Claim – Rule 12(b)(6)
- Res Judicata – Claim Preclusion
- Judicial Admissions: Are Statements Made by Attorneys in Briefs Binding on the Client?
- Distressed Homeowners’ Right to Receive Actual Notice of Sheriff’s Sale
- Property Owner’s Right to Redeem Mortgage After Sheriff’s Sale Under NJ & Federal Law Read our brief filed on behalf of a successful sheriff’s sale bidder in opposition to the property owner’s attempt to redeem his mortgage after a sheriff’s sale. The Hudson County Chancery Court ruled in our client’s favor.
- Joinder of Non Owner Spouses in NJ Residential Foreclosure Cases
Landlord Tenant Articles
- Internet Jurisdiction: Can a Company Web Site Offering Products for Sale to the General Public Serve as a Basis for Establishing Personal Jurisdiction in New Jersey?
- Production of a Litigant’s Income Tax Returns. Can the Court Require a Litigant to Disclose Personal Income Tax Returns in Pretrial Discovery?
- When is a case settled? When do the actions of an attorney engaged in his or her capacity bind the client to the terms of the settlement?
If you have a question about a New Jersey case or legal matter pertaining to our areas of legal expertise, please contact our New Jersey attorneys today.