NEW JERSEY FORECLOSURE ATTORNEYS
The New Jersey foreclosure attorneys at Shapiro Croland Reiser Apfel & Di Iorio, L.L.P. represent lenders and borrowers in real estate and tax foreclosure proceedings throughout the entire State of New Jersey. Our NJ foreclosure practice includes:
- Representing lenders and financial institutions in the prosecution of commercial, industrial and residential foreclosure cases in the Superior Court of New Jersey
- Representing lenders in contested foreclosures involving counterclaims for violations of the Truth in Lending Act, Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, and RESPA violations
- Representing lenders and financial institutions in federal bankruptcy court proceedings
- Foreclosure mediation: Representing borrowers in foreclosure mediation proceedings in the Superior Court of New Jersey
- Representing prospective purchasers at foreclosure sales
- Real estate tax sale foreclosures
- Negotiating loan workouts and forbearance agreements on behalf of both property owners and lenders
- Short sales
In addition to handling the straightforward foreclosure cases, our law firm also represents clients in:
- Construction lien foreclosures
- Actions to quiet title
- Actions to remove liens discharged in bankruptcy
- Motions for relief from the automatic stay in federal bankruptcy proceedings
- Motions to vacate sheriff sales
- Motions to vacate tax foreclosure judgments
- Motions to vacate final judgments in foreclosure
In New Jersey foreclosure cases are centrally processed by the Office of Foreclosure, a unit of the Superior Court Clerk located in Trenton. The Office of Foreclosure handles seven types of foreclosure actions: (1) residential mortgage foreclosure; (2) multi-family/commercial mortgage foreclosure; (3) in personam tax certificate foreclosure; (4) municipal in rem tax certificate foreclosure; (5) condominium lien foreclosure; (6) strict foreclosure (to remedy foreclosure action errors) and (7) Fair Foreclosure Act optional foreclosure procedures.
Our New Jersey foreclosure attorneys have over 20 years of experience in representing borrowers and lenders in both contested and uncontested foreclosure proceedings. If you are an individual or loan officer at a bank or financial institution, contact our New Jersey foreclosure attorneys today to discuss your foreclosure case. One of our experienced New Jersey foreclosure attorneys will respond within 24 – 48 hours. For emergent matters please call (201) 870-4938.
Providing foreclosure defense to residents of Bergen County, Essex County, Hudson County, Middlesex County, Mercer County, Monmouth County, Morris County, Passaic County, Somerset County, Union County, and elsewhere in the Garden State.